This week has been pretty crazy so I was not able to write this post earlier. I have 17 minutes until this week is officially over, so I better get writing. The thing that I am thankful for this week is Maddison and potty training. We have been working with her since last February. No, we did not force it on her. It has been said that when a child is showing positive signs of wanting to use the potty then it is a good time to start. Well, she had been showing those signs a couple months before we actually got her potty. The very first time she sat on the potty she went pee-pee. YAY! Then it took a couple of months before she went stinky. My guess, very typical. Maddison, during this whole process, basically just chooses when she wants to go and when she doesn't, again, probably something very typical. Yet, it has been over a year. A few months ago we decided to just be done with diapers, if anything, it would save us money. Of course we did it to try to force the situation on her. Yeah right, force potty training on a 2 year old. HaHa! Off and on we have seen little signs here and there that things are getting better but then, has it really or have we just been fooling ourselves? I think this week she has shown the most improvement by far. For example; Last night we went out to dinner with some friends and while we were there she had me take her potty 3 times. Her pull-ups were dry every time. This is especially amazing because sometimes when she is in a pull-up (or as we call it, Princess Underwear) she tends to not pay as much attention or maybe chooses to ignore the signs or the "want" to leave the situation and go potty. The day before yesterday and even today there have been similar situations. She is getting there and I believe we are definitely on the up swing.
I am Thankful for That!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
What are you Thankful For.......
Posted by The Cunningham Clan at 11:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
That is something to be greatful indeed. Potty training is HARD. J.C. was an old 3 before I could get him to stinky in the potty. Pee no problem but he would go get a diaper and I would have to put it on him to do his business. There is more to the story of how we finally got it done but I will spare you the details :).
Post a Comment