Maddison had a great birthday! Since she loves dinosaurs we decided to do a dinosaur theme, without her knowing. She showed up at the canyon and loved every bit of the dinosaur fun. This picture is of one her presents. It is a dinosaur puppet that I got from my website. All the kids wanted to play with it, of course! We had a dinosaur dig set up for the kids. They all had a blast digging for dinosaurs and of course being able to keep the dinosaurs that they found. Geoff monitored just to make sure it was pretty fair for every child.
Abigail had to join in on the fun as well. She thought the big, wrapped present was hers...I'm sure of it. You can't tell to much from the picture but if you look closely you can see the head of a horse and there is also a doll in one of the boxes Maddison is holding. Grandma and Grandpa Lorensen got those for her. She loves them. So far there hasn't been a day that she hasn't played with them.
This sure makes the mother happy. One of the things that Geoff and I got her was a book. Hahaa, surprise, surprise! It is a dinosaur book from Usborne. The thing that makes me happy is that Maddison and the kids looked at that book for a while before Maddison even wanted to open her other presents.
I brought Maddison's dinosaur toys and used them as decoration for her party. We then have leaves, shrubbery, rocks, etc, from around that we point up with the dinosaurs. (Makes for cheap decorations) As you can see, the children loved it.
The best part: The Cake! This creation was made by Geoff and I. I think the cake itself is a yellow cake. The volcano is made out of rice crispy treats. The frosting, I took milk chocolate frosting and mixed in the cream puff marshmellow stuff. Mmm Mmmm good! The lava is strawberry ice cream topping. AND YES, of course we had some sort of heating effect....we used dry ice in the volcano.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Happy 3rd Birthday
Posted by The Cunningham Clan at 5:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Happy birhtday Maddison! Looks like an awesome party Heather. I love the cake!
I love the dinosaur cake. It turned out awesome. Sorry I missed the big party but I am glad she had a wonderful day.
Post a Comment