Thursday, August 14, 2008

Camping in the backyard!

Hahaa! The flat tire that the Jeep got when trying to find a spot to camp. The boys trying to change a tire. No, they really don't need to try. I guarentee their father had made them change many tires in there lives.

A couple of weekends ago Geoff and his brothers decided to go camping. We all had a great time. We just went on the mountains behind us. We, I feel, got very lucky to find this spot and we are now very excited to know that it is so close to us. Enjoy the pictures. Sorry some of them are a little out of order.



Geoff and Abigail having a good time camping. Uncle Matt made a mohawk. She had sunscreen put all over her for obvious light skin issues. So it made it quite easy to do a mohawk.

Presenting The Hamburglar. This is what a typical Maddison looks like while camping. We always have plenty of extra clothes for her just in case since we realized the messes she gets into.


This view is on the east side of the mountain. The girls and I are on what they have deemed Dragon Mountain. The girls on Dragon Mountain.
When we were hiking back down from Dragon Mountain we ran into a beautiful butterfly garden. Hailey said that she wants to come back to the butterfly garden every day.





The gorgeous sunset on the way to finding a spot to camp. That is the Great Salt Lake. Maddison and Hailey had a fun area to play in. You could go different ways into those trees and in the very back was an open spot, probably about as big as an average tent. The girls had so much fun back there.

This spot that we found we almost missed. We had been looking for quite a while for a good spot. Geoff and I went up one trail and then decided to turn around so we could settle on something else. As we were turning around in the turnaround spot I just barely glimpsed through an opening from the bushes and "thought" I saw something that may have resembled a spot. Geoff was about ready to pass it and get on the road. He backed up and got out to look around. It WAS a spot and an awesome one at that. Someone had also already set up a TP style wood arrangement in the pit. I am holding the camera up and over the bushes just to get a picture into the camp spot.
There was a big hill that the girls wanted to hike up. They called it Dragon Mountain. This picture is from the top of the hill looking down. The Great Salt Lake is in the background and you can see one of the tents and the vehicles. The rest of camp is all behind those big trees.




1 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow you have some really beautiful pictures! You make me miss Utah. I want to go camping. You do so many fun things with your kids. The butterfly pics are really neat!