Thursday, September 25, 2008

The thing I am thankful for this week...what about you??

This week I have to say I am thankful for ovens. Our oven in our place we are renting has not been working for who knows how long. Yes, our landlady does know about it. It probably worked out that she waited a bit because she definitely got a better deal, we all believe. Geoff knows a lady who would come into his work that just moved into a new place and wanted to get a flat-top over for herself....resulting in wanting to sell the one that was already there. Come to find out, the one that was already there was a brand new oven. She was selling it for a very good deal. Apparently good enough that our landlady agreed to it. It is in our kitchen now. No, not hooked up yet due to outlet issues but nothing that a good 'ol run to Lowe's or Home Depot couldn't fix. I have been told that by the time I get home tomorrow evening it will be hooked up. I told Geoff that the thing that we need to bake first in our new oven is a batch of chocolate chip cookies. He agreed and said that that is the best way to test out the oven and make sure it is working okay. lol! Of Course!!

So yes, even though it is not hooked up, the mere fact that it is here is something to be grateful for!

0 comments: