There is a reason that I have not posted any Halloween pictures on here yet. I promise! It all goes back to the night of Halloween....Camera VS Human! When we were getting ready to go Trick-or-treating I put the camera in one of the cup holders of the stroller, knowing that we would end up at Geoff's parent's house later to take pictures. So we did our rounds and then made it to our destination. This was the only time that we would have to get semi-good pictures since Abigail was extremely tired and wanting to go to bed. I walked over to the stroller to get the camera as everyone began to get in position (not really, they were all still wandering around wanting to play. Honestly it was more like me wanting everyone to hurry and get in position because I fully understood the situation of getting the littlest's picture taken before it was "too late"!) As I went to get the camera.....it was gone..missing...en-cognito(sp)! Ahhhh!!! What happened to the camera!?? Geoff decided to walk home in the rain to see if by chance it happened to have fallen off the stroller in the house before we left...or in case one of us moved it off the stroller and set it down somewhere without even realizing it. No! Of course it was not at home. Why would it be!? Remember, Camera VS Human here, Halloween night, the night of tricks and treating. Geoff, his brother, and I decided then to go on a camera hunt and backtrack our steps. If I wouldn't have gone at that moment it would have drove me nuts knowing that our camera was stolen, run over, or just plain lost and gone forever. We did have the hopes that if someone found it then they would look at our pictures, recognize us, and return it to us at church on Sunday. Off we went into the cool, dark, rainy evening, flashlight in hand. Up and down the streets we went, even asking people along the way if they by chance saw a camera lying around. Did we find it? That is the question! No! Of course not, Camera VS Human! Well, luckily there were not a ton of pictures on the memory card. A few of the pictures we may be able to get similar ones from those around at the time of particular events that took pictures of their own. Good thing I blog so that I have been constantly downloading regulary. Now all we can hope for is that someone has found it and is honest enough to return it, if they recognized us even. Otherwise, our camera is lost and gone forever, possibly lonely on the road under wet leaves.
The next day we decided to drive to Beto's to get some yummy breakfast burritos for my birthday breakfast. Mmmmm Good! On the way back home, just as we were about to pull into our driveway I just so happened to see our camera in the road. Atleast I was pretty sure it was a camera and our camera at that. If it was ours or even a camera then the location of it would be kiddy-corner from us across the street, right in front of someone's driveway, on the road. Crossing fingers, Crossing fingers! I practically jumped out of the car and run across the street in hopes of a miracle. I wanted us humans to win, nothing wrong with that. I picked up the object from the ground and then I took that object in hand and shot my arm up as high as it would go to the sky, glorifying the event that just took place. My camera was found! Happy Birthday to me! Luckily it had not been run over and luckily it was still in it's case. The test would then be to open it up and dry it out in hopes that it didn't get too damaged from rain. Yay, it passed the test. The Humans had won!
Oh, by the way, we did get pictures on Geoff's mom's camera. I just need to get a hold of her memory card and download them onto my computer or have her email them to me.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Let me tell you the story.....
Posted by The Cunningham Clan at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
WOW - Happy Birthday!!!
I guess if you didn't find it you would then have to get a really cool dslr!
No kidding! Well, with as excited as I absolutely was, the thought of having to buy a new camera did cross my mind and was a little exciting! Heehee
Post a Comment