We celebrated Abigail's birthday on the 12th. Our house was crowded but it was fun. I can't believe that Abigail is already 1. I knew that her birthday was coming up but I don't think the realization of it hit until about a week before. This season has been pretty busy and so I think her birthday just kind of snuck up on us.
I wanted to make a cake for her and for everyone but there was just no time so I ordered this one. I liked it for a couple of reasons. One reason is because she can have the animals and the farmer to play with as toys, another reason is I just thought this cake was too cute, and then the third reason is because of the cow. If you haven't had a chance to hear her MOO like a cow....you ought to. It is the cutest thing. This is one of the many pictures of Abigail opening her presents. Abigail says thank you to everyone for her presents. She loves them all.
Her cake was a fun experience. I have posted a couple pictures in sequence as to how it all went down. When she first sat down she was fine. THEN we all started to sing. Too many people, Too little room.......She had no space and I think it all just freaked her out.
Geoff picked her up and calmed her down. At first, even after she was calm, she still didn't want to sit in her chair. Are you kidding me, who really has to hold the tray up while the child eats their cake......apparently I do!
Finally she allowed us to put her back in her chair. I believe it is because she finally tasted the goodness of her chocolate cake with oreo frosting. Mmmmm!
We had started the night out with a Build-your-own-nacho bar. Then we proceeded to opening presents, cake, and of course PLAY!!!!! Thank you to everyone who came. It truly did mean a lot to us. Abigail will enjoy looking through all the pictures and videos of her party when she gets older.
Now.........Memory Lane!!!
Abigail at the hospital, the day we brought her home. Abbi-Potter
I like food!
Cinderella-Abbi
This picture by far is absolutely one of my favorite pictures.
Abigail.........adores her sister, is constantly saying Share when she wants something, likes food, will sing along to some songs(well, in her own way), knows many animal sounds (i.e. cow, snake, elephant, bear, horse, etc.), says thank you, shoes, I did it, hi, up, cheese, etc., knows how to sign milk, more, cheese, she is very ticklish, loves to dance, has stood by herself for a few seconds, loves to be around others, she enjoys splashing in the pool, Abigail is a pro at taking things apart...like puzzles, blocks, anything inside a container of sorts...she chucks whatever she grabs anywhere she wants, she says cheese for the camera, she LOVES her Daddy, and she definitely has a great spirit. We love you Abigail! Thank you for the fun, laughs, and pat on the backs!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Happy 1st Birthday Abigail!
Posted by The Cunningham Clan at 10:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Happy birthday Abigail! I found your blog!
I love 1st birthdays. Glad we could be there for hers.
Happy Birthday Abigail! I love you!
Post a Comment