Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ratatouille

Have you ever had a meal that you "secretly" wanted to make but you weren't sure whether A. it would be any good and/or B. you would get shot down for the idea? Ratatouille is one of those meals for me. I have always been very curious about it, especially since the movie came out. Whenever we watch the movie, my eldest is always asking me if we can make Ratatouille. Yes....I now have a great excuse to try it. I finally remembered the other night on my way to the grocery store. We had half the ingredients already so I didn't have that much to pick up. Oh, and by the way, if you haven't seen the movie, my family would recommend it. It is very cute and funny!



It is not like the dish is the prettiest of dishes(next time it will be....just like the movie dish of it) but we were told we had to get a picture of it. All of us helped in making it, which I think helped in getting everyone to even try it. We did alter the recipe slightly and will do so again next time but that of course is our nature...no offense to the owners of recipes out there. So, we set out with our bowls of Ratatouille, turned on the movie, and had a great evening and can I just say, Ratatouille is delicious. I really like the flavor and veggies and everything. The girls and Geoff also liked it. This will be a meal that we will be doing again. Easy, cheap, healthy, and delicious.


Now for dessert.....Mmmmmmm.....graham crackers with Nutella and sliced bananas, need I say more!

0 comments: